This is a new twist on an old favorite. Perfect for holiday get-togethers or anytime!
- 3 slices Bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 0.75 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 0 Cooking Spray
- 0.25 cup cream of onion soup
- 1 can French Fried Onions, 2.8 oz size
- 1 can Green Beans, drained and diced
- 0.25 cup Half and Half Cream
- 30 small Mushrooms
- 0.25 cup Onion, diced
- 0.5 teaspoon Pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon Salt
- 0.25 cup Sour Cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray baking dish with olive oil.
- 2. Cook diced bacon over medium heat in a small pan until crisp. Add butter. After butter has melted add onion and cook until tender. Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine green beans, soup and 1/2 cup of cheese. Add half and half, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the cooked bacon and onion. Combine all ingredients well.
- 4. Remove stems from mushrooms and discard stems. Place mushrooms stem side down on sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, turn over and bake another 5.
- 5. Drain any liquid from mushroom caps. Fill with green bean mixture. Top with cheese and fried onions. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through.
Krista Numbersadded on Nov 01, 2013
Krista is the founder of Simplify Supper. She is passionate about making family dinner a priority and strives to provide simple solutions to make it happen.